Those who work with children and youth and those who oversee them (including vestries), must complete the Safeguarding God’s Children training offered online. Praesidium, our Online Safeguard Training Provider, moved to a new platform in the summer of 2015. The online safeguarding website is now www.safeguardingonline.org
If you already had a profile, your user name and password are the same as with the old website. When you login to the new website for the first time you will be asked to answer three security questions, much like you would for your online banking account. This will help aid in password retrieval. When you log into your account, please click on the “user profile” button and update your email.
If you are new to the site and need to create a profile, there is a self-enroll option. In order to self-enroll, please follow these steps
- Go to www.SafeguardingOnline.org/enroll
- Enter the registration code: dog611
- Fill out the form and click the link to enroll. Be sure to select the correct organization or location in the organization drop down.
- Print the page or write down your user login and password for future reference.
- To begin taking training immediately, click the first link or follow the instructions to the right to login later.
One of the new features of this new platform is that general users can print their own safeguarding certificates. This can be done by clicking on the orange button at the top left of the screen that reads “print certificate.”
Please direct all questions regarding SafeGuard Training to the Rev. Joshua Varner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sexual Conduct Guidelines
In March 2011, the Diocesan Council of the Diocese of Georgia approved a diocesan policy on the protection of children and youth from abuse which remains in effect. These policies are meant to be guidelines for churches and Episcopal organizations in the Diocese of Georgia. Individual churches may adopt their own policies using the diocesan policies as a guide.